Nelly’s (Elli Seraidari-Sougioultzoglou) was born in Aydin in Asia Minor. In 1919 her family settled in Smyrna. She studied photography in Dresden. In 1925 she went to Athens and opened her studio on Ermou Street. From 1925 till 1939 she remained in Greece and continued inexorably to take photographs and organize exhibitions. In 1940 she moved with her husband to America and opened her studio on the 57th Avenue in New York, where she worked until 1966; on the year she returned to Greece. The biggest part og her photographic archive belongs to Benaki Museum.